It has been a very busy autumn here enjoying nature’s beauty and traveling the southwest. We finally completed the last harvesting, distilling, drying herbs and putting our botanical garden to bed for the winter.
We had the opportunity to travel to amazing places and events within a few hours from southern Colorado and New Mexico that included:
* Abique, NM (north of Santa Fe) we visited a sweet Lavender Farm called Purple Adobe.
It turns out there are lavender farms sprouting up all over the US!
Check the Lavender Growers website to see if there is a lavender farm close to you!
* Mountain biking trip in the pristine mountains of Crested Butte, CO.
* Participating in the wonderful aromatherapy conference for the Alliance of International Aromatherapists in Denver, CO.
* Visiting Grand Lake, CO, where I spent my summers as a child. These high alpine mountains are also the beginning of the Colorado river.
* Abique, NM is also where the artistic genius Georgia O’Keeffe spent much time.
Enjoy a collage of her beautiful flowers and landscape paintings.