From the time I was five years of age, I have enjoyed digging in the dirt and connecting with the earth. Growing up, my mother had vibrant gardens of roses and other beautiful flowers like lily of the valley. Since age sixteen my interest has been around planting and using herbs and things I could eat, infuse, drink as tea or distill as hydrosols and essential oils and make into other healing products. Currently, we have a fabulous high altitude garden in Crestone, Colorado. It takes a lot of patience and diligence to cultivate and sustain a botanical garden in the mountains at 8,000 feet! Gardening has taught me a lot about deepening the connection between nature and myself.
10 Things I Have Learned from Gardening:
1) The Earth supports us, support the Earth.
2) Growing each day is living.
3) Weed your emotional garden daily.
4) There is impressive healing life force in each plant that you grow yourself.
5) The work you put into your garden you put into your health and vibrancy.
6) Young plants teach us to be gentle with ourselves.
7) The mystery of nature is beyond intellect.
8) Nature has her own rules; follow them for best results.
9) You realize how short life is. Make the BEST out of each day.
10) Let your soul bloom.
May your garden and your life flourish!